Position: Content Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: President
About League Apps:
LeagueApps is a fast-growing, venture-backed company that is using data and technology to build the largest community around youth and local sports. We count professional leagues, teams and athletes as investors and partners, and reach millions of people every day through our best-in-class SaaS platform. We’re looking for team members who want to be part of building the greatest local sports company in the world.
LeagueApps operates at the intersection of sports, technology and community. Our sports management platform powers youth and recreational sports organizations across the country, making sports seamless — in everything from registration to payments to communications. More than software solutions, we’re creating community, serving as a thought-leader and bringing insights on such important topics as encouraging girls in sports, injury prevention for youth players, and how technology will affect the future of sport.
About the Job:
LeagueApps has relationships with leading voices in sports, business and technology. We are experts in the space and we connect and empower tens of thousands of sports organizations across the country. We are looking for a clear communicator, a content strategist who can help us tell this story across various platforms.
You are a wordsmith who can quickly able to turn around crisp, compelling copy -- from news style articles for our blog post, to emails convincing other startups to join our annual charity basketball tournament to attention-getting social media posts. You think like an editorial director, taking into account sports seasons; world events like the Olympics, March Madness; our sales team’s seasonal calendar… You gather feedback from our internal teams and organize it into a yearly editorial calendar, then create and oversee content to reinforce our company’s vision and goals.
- Serve as lead editor, writing copy to support internal teams (marketing, sales, product, events)
- Use data, research and other insights to deeply understand how to leverage all of our channels to create a content experience that is cohesive and effective.
- Write articles and track their progress from idea, to draft to design -- interacting with design team to create a polished final piece.
- Create calendars and timelines so that other departments have visibility into the content they can use to help meet their goals.
- Manage social media accounts, create compelling content for posts and publish on our channels
- Ensure consistency and quality of brand voice across platforms and media
- Locate freelance writers, assign articles and guide them through the process, editing their pieces and shepherding the work through the design, publishing and approval.
- Provide editorial oversight for content curation, where needed
- Assist in defining content partnerships with outside experts, groups and organizations, tailoring content to keep the LeagueApps voice consistent.
- Use your copy-editor eye to tighten up language in presentations, decks, speeches, articles, emails and one-pagers. Make it sing!
- Oversee various forms of content creation, possibilities include: podcasts, videos, blog posts, case studies, testimonials, one-pagers, presentation decks
- You have 3-5 years of professional copywriting and editing experience, preferably for a brand or agency. Journalism background is a strong plus.
- You can write in pithy, conversational style
- You can quickly turn around polished copy, both short- and long-form
- You always keep the benefit to the user or consumer in mind
- You have experience working in a variety of media, including video, podcast, newsletters, email, articles
- You’re familiar with content management systems
- You’re able to collaborate easily with cross functional teams
- You’re organized and focused, but also flexible and open to change
- You can balance big ideas and take into account the long-term goals and dreams of higher-ups, while also minding the day-to-day content flow
- You appreciate the value of sports on the development of young people, maybe you even had a positive experience with sports as a kid, playing for school, or playing in your community.
- You appreciate the role technology plays in helping people run their small businesses.
Bonus Points if:
- You’ve managed, mentored or edited other writer’s work
- You’ve hired freelancers for projects
- You’ve served as the lead writer on a team
- You’ve managed social media channels
- You’re a whiz at organizing timelines and evaluating project management tools
Working at LeagueApps:
- Equity Grants
- Health Benefits! Medical, Dental, and Vision Health coverage
- We'll pay for your sports leagues!
- Computer, Cell Phone and Gym Subsidies
- Culture and work environment that emphasizes teamwork, passion, learning, and fun. Check out our Instagram to see for yourself
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering, and grant-makings