If the highlight of your day is a sports highlight, then this opportunity may be for you.
LeagueApps, a fast growing digital sports media and technology company that provides a software platform to power local sports communities, is looking for a Front-End Developer to extend our product leadership in the market.
The LeagueApps Front-End Developer will play an integral role on the Arlington, VA based technology team in building, deploying and operating new products and services.
The Scouting Report
The Front-End Developer will join our technology team in our Arlington VA office, and will work closely with other engineers, UX design and product managers in an agile development environment to build great product features.
We're looking for an ambitious front-end developer who's up for an exciting challenge to make an impact in a small agile team environment. You must be a disciplined self-starter capable of delivering quality work in a fast paced startup environment.
You must be excited by the opportunity to build great UIs to change the way people experience and enjoy playing sports.
Your responsibilities will include:
Work closely with UX Director to understand and translate UI requirements into code.
Execute front-end coding during our development sprints, to produce great consistent UI. Work along side back-end developers each sprint.
- Execute UI development for web desktop, mobile web, and native apps (React Native).
Maintain and manage a cohesive front-end framework as we make updates and add features to the UIs.
- Research, prototype and advise on new front-end technologies and tools as we evolve our platform tech stack.
- Develop test cases for cross browser testing, and assist in the QA Engineering process.
- Provide troubleshooting and escalated technical support to production features that involve UI / front-end.
Qualifications (What Should be on the Back of Your Baseball Card)
- 2-5+ years experience working in a front-end development role in a software development company.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in IS, CS or equivalent.
- Expertise with front-end development, preferably using jQuery and React.
Experience in working in small fast paced environments with multiple simultaneous tasks/projects.
Worked on teams employing Agile development methodologies and tools, such as Jira, Git, etc.
Familiarity working in codebases that have involved multiple developers through time.
- A sports enthusiast who has a passion for sports and loves playing sports.
Compensation and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Equity Grants
- Health Benefits! Medical, Dental, and Vision Health coverage
- We'll pay for your sports leagues!
- Be A SportsDog. Sportsmanship, Passion, Openness, Results, Team, Difference Maker, Grit
- Participate in one of our famous Partner appreciation events. Watch our Partner Day video.
- Read about why you would want to be part of the LeagueApps team.
- Be a part of rapidly growing company. As we grow, you will grow!
Why You Will Want To Join The Team
LeagueApps is a digital sports media and technology company that powers local recreational sports. Our mission at LeagueApps is to make sports easier and more enjoyable to play. We're the fastest growing platform in the industry, and we're just getting warmed up.
The right candidate will receive a very competitive salary, full benefits, and equity. But here’s what should also appeal to you:
- Teammates. You’ll be working alongside incredibly talented, innovative and passionate people that you’ll not only respect, but really like.
- Student of the Game. You’ll be working in a learning environment, where we invest in your development—think regular speakers, subsidized classes and conferences, and other knowledge sharing
- Encourage Your Passion for Sports. You don’t need to sneak a peak at the scores during March Madness or the World Cup. We’re always streaming sports events for all to see or making field trips to the sports bar
- Sports Subsidy. You get to play in local sports leagues for free—we pay for your entrance fees
- Raise Your Game. You like ambitious challenges, like the opportunity to create products to change the way people experience and enjoy playing sports.
- Difference Maker. You will make a difference, because you will be working for a company that appreciates the real impact we have on our customers’ lives, and supports the critical role that sports plays in local communities. You can join our charitable initiatives that make this impact tangible.