Position: Director of People & Culture
Reports to: President
LeagueApps is a fast-growing, venture-backed company that is using data and technology to build the largest community around youth and local sports. We count professional leagues, teams and athletes as investors and partners, and reach millions of people every day through our best-in-class SaaS platform. We’re looking for team members who want to be part of building the greatest local sports company in the world.
LeagueApps operates at the intersection of sports, technology and community. Our sports management platform powers youth and recreational sports organizations across the country, making sports seamless — in everything from registration to payments to communications. More than software solutions, we’re creating community, serving as a thought-leader and bringing insights on such important topics as encouraging girls in sports, injury prevention for youth players, and how technology will affect the future of sport.
We know that culture separates great companies from good ones. As Director of People & Culture, you’ll be owning our People initiatives, helping us to cultivate an environment that can attract, develop and retain amazing people.
Among them, you’ll help manage execution of talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, training and leadership development programs, learning and knowledge management systems, and help us improve upon our HR processes and services. You'll be the primary steward of our culture, overseeing our activities and events, including our bi-annual team meetings and FundPlay, our charitable initiative.
The ideal candidate is an executive with 8+ years of HR/People experience who's worked in a fast-paced environment, wants to be a difference maker, is eager to work closely with the Management team, and feels connected to our purpose. You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, matched by project management capabilities that leaves no task undefined. You can think strategically, but implement iteratively. You are a model of one of our key values - student of the game - eager to learn from anyone and anything. You are a culture carrier and shaper who brings passion and positive energy to everything you encounter.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop goals and strategy for People, aligning with business objectives and the selection, development and retention of team members
- Manage talent acquisition, leading senior leader recruiting, and overseeing recruiting and onboarding processes
- Manage talent development, including performance management, training and leadership development, career progression, diversity initiatives, and knowledge management
- Manage human resources, including HR services, policies and compensation strategy
- Manage culture activities, including events and bi-annual team meetings (OTAs), with project management of content development, logistics, team engagement, content capture, and management of administrative resource(s)
- Communicate updates on people initiatives across the company, and act as primary liaison to internal committees and working groups
- Evaluate and implement technology platforms and processes to support the execution of initiatives
- Run point on management communications, such as internal updates and all-hands meetings
- Experience in leading people and human resources initiatives. You know what to prioritize and how to execute from experience.
- Background in Talent acquisition. You know how to recruit top talent, and train and manage others to do the same.
- Love for Talent Development. You love coaching, training, and developing programs to make people better.
- Demonstrated commitment to being an expert. You stay on top of the latest trends and best practices in people operations. You network with others in your field, and may even be SHRM or SPHR certified.
- Data Driven. You embrace using data and metrics to drive a people operations strategy
- Experience in High Growth Companies. You know what it means to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment without the infrastructure (and bureaucracy) of a larger company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Your friends all came to you to proofread their papers in college.
- Exceptional people skills. You can work with people at any level of the organization.
- Passion for our mission. You relate to our mission to ensure that the future of youth and local sports is even better than its past.
Working at LeagueApps
- Competitive salary
- Equity grants
- Comprehensive Health benefits, including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Subsidies for sports leagues, gym, computers and cell phones
- Culture and work environment that emphasizes teamwork, passion, learning, and fun. Check out our instagram feed to see for yourself
- Career development opportunities through team meetings, outside speakers, engagement with investors, advisors, sports influencers and athletes
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering, and grantmaking