LeagueApps is a fast growing, venture backed, sports technology company that equips sports organizations with the technology, resources and connections they need within their local communities. Our best-in-class SaaS platform currently enables over 2mm sports registrations per year and is growing in the triple digits.
LeagueApps' mission is to make sports easier and more enjoyable to play. Our motto is “Play Forever”. We are inspired by the following quote from Nelson Mandela that adorns our wall: “Sport has the power to change the world... it has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sports can create hope where once there was only despair”.
LeagueApps is looking for a Part Time Office Manager who is eager to help run our NY Headquarters Office and own much of our ongoing expense and vendor management processes. You will wear many hats, including front-desk clerical roles, accounting and operations work, supporting department heads, helping with presentations, and other general office administrative responsibilities. You are comfortable in a demanding and dynamic work environment. This position will largely focus on our NYC team, but will also have exposure to our Washington, DC-based technology team with things related to finance, travel and other HR requirements.
The Part Time Office Manager will work closely with our VP of Finance and also help our CEO, President and other key team members.
The ideal candidate:
- Is self-motivated, flexible, overly organized, and able to work in a fast paced environment with constantly-changing priorities
- Desires to be head of the office in a fun tech start-up environment
- Loves sports and technology!
- Is comfortable wearing many hats in an evolving role
- Is a problem solver
- Is dependable, reliable, and operates with professionalism
- Emanates our SportsDog values
Office Management and Operations responsibilities:
- Help lead office administration and be the go-to person for office problem solving
- Help manage office day-to-day by organizing and improving office operations and procedures
- Help plan and execute events
- Support the executive team on special projects
- Learn and assist with key HR tasks, including employee benefits management
- Assist in managing teammate travel and budget
- Assist in onboarding new teammates including education of HR policies and benefits
- Facilitate live and video conference meetings
- Purchase and maintain office supplies, furniture, and snacks
- Help with search and execution of new office space solutions
- Greet and assist partners, investors, and other visitors
- Receive, forward, and send mail or packages as necessary
- Help interface with building management
- Help with office telecommunication solutions
- Other duties as required
- Research youth and adult sport organizations across the country, helping LeagueApps increase the amount of organizations in their sales & marketing database
- Update & validate key facets of information about each organization including location, sport & program type, to ensure data collected was up to date.
- Constantly hit research deadlines while balancing other works
- Use SalesForce, Google Drive & other software to help sales/marketing team complete research projects within our database.
Expenses and Finance Responsibilities:
- Help monitor and manage accounts payable, process and apply payments to invoices, reviewing for approvals and appropriate coding
- Ensure employee expense reimbursements comply with internal policies and procedures
- Assist finance team and department leaders with budget setting and tracking
- Classify and optimize vendor subscriptions
- Review corporate credit card expense reports
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved time sheets, assist in processing payroll for part-time staff
- Assist in project budget audits
- Work with external accounting team as needed
- Other accounting analysis and reclassification projects as needed
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in an office management or support role
- Startup experience preferred
- Finance and expense-related experience
- Desire to work closely with multiple teams
- Great communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a range of personalities
- Passion for sports and technology
- Strong desire to learn and grow professionally
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor
- Flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment with constantly-changing priorities
- Skilled in MS Excel/PowerPoint, Google Calendar/Docs
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and expense management software a plus
- Potential to develop into a full time role at LeagueApps
LeagueApps Cultural Values