LeagueApps, a fast growing, venture backed, sports technology company, equips sports organizations with the technology, resources and connections they need within their local communities. Our best-in-class SAAS platform currently enables over 2mm sports registrations per year and is growing in the triple digits.
LeagueApps' mission is to make sports easier and more enjoyable to play. Our motto is “Play Forever”. We are so inspired by this quote from Nelson Mandela that adorns our wall: ...“Sport has the power to change the world..it has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sports can create hope where once there was only despair”.
The Financial Analyst Role
The LeagueApps Financial Analyst will report directly to the VP, Finance and help build and scale our financial operations. You will develop and implement an effective reporting structure, manage day-to-day accounting, drive forecasting, planning and analysis initiatives.
LeagueApps needs a well-rounded top performer with superb data analysis and communication skills, the ability to work independently, and the drive to lead new projects and initiatives that will impact the entire company.
Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Execute month end close, including: accruals, cash management, reconciliations, payroll, commissions, variance analysis, etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records
- Effectively execute sales commission plans, revenue accounting, expense control and other key company initiatives
- Responsible for SaaS revenue accounting and reporting thorough understanding of current billing system
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Perform and analyze month-end variance results to provide high-level commentary on the big picture as well as detailed analytics at the base level.
- Drive projects including pricing optimization strategy, KPI’s dashboards, Comp plans, new revenue models, etc.- Be our interim data scientist to gain insight -- Be the source of truth for all data/metric based decisions
- Drive business performance, forecasting, and goals with department leaders
- Drive analysis and support departmental leaders on all reporting and analytical initiatives
- Contribute to optimal pricing models and roadmap strategies for new products and solutions
- Analyze and report on sales and marketing performance; implement new approaches and synthesize insights
- Create and drive new KPI metrics to track and measure the trending and performance across each department.
- Provide relevant metrics through regular reporting and analysis, and develop new insightful metrics
- Extract actionable insights from huge volumes of data using data mining, statistics, and database techniques
- Champion the productive application of financial analysis and key business metrics throughout the organization
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2+ years of progressive accounting, consulting or finance experience
- Prior hands-on experience in high growth, SaaS/recurring revenue, private companies preferred
- Knowledge of funnel management and associated marketing programs
- Experience working in high-growth company or division, working closely with cross-functional teams and operating managers
- Excited to bring strong financial and analytical skills to a collaborative team-based working environment
- Data-driven decision maker
- Can translate financial analysis into indicators for operational change and improvement
- Self starter, initiator, willing to try different approaches
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Team player, who is diplomatic, savvy, and has a high level of emotional maturity
- Manage and prioritize competing demands
- Flexible and able to work in a fast paced growing environment
LeagueApps Cultural Values
- Be A SportsDog. Sportsmanship, Passion, Openness, Results, Team, Difference Maker, Grit
- Follow us on Instagram - and see what we are all about.