If the highlight of your day is a sports highlight, then this opportunity may be for you.
LeagueApps, a fast growing digital sports media and technology company that provides a software platform to power local sports communities, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to extend our product leadership in the market.
The LeagueApps Senior Software Engineer will play an integral role on the development team in building, deploying and operating new products and services.
The Scouting Report
The Senior Software Engineer will join our engineering team in our Clarendon VA office, and will work closely with other engineers, front-end UI development and product managers in an agile development environment to build great product features.
We're looking for an ambitious full-stack developer who's up for an exciting challenge to make an impact in a small agile team environment. You must be a disciplined self-starter capable of delivering quality work in a fast paced startup environment.
You must be excited by the opportunity to build and deploy technology to change the way people experience and enjoy playing sports.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership in an evolving development process with many moving parts.
- Research and prototype new technologies and tools as we evolve our platform tech stack.
- Develop test cases for automated testing system, and assist in the QA Engineering process.
- Provide troubleshooting and escalated technical support to production features.
- Work closely with product managers and UI designers to understand and translate product requirements.
Qualifications (What Should be on the Back of Your Baseball Card)
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience with track record of excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or equivalent.
- Expertise with Java development, preferably using Hibernate, Spring, Struts 2 and JSP, etc.
- Proficient in relational database modeling & SQL.
- Basic proficiency with linux/*nix environments and the command line.
- Familiarity with integrating external REST APIs.
- Experienced with agile software development methodologies, such as SCRUM.
- Experience with cloud IaaS services such as AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- A sports enthusiast who has a passion for sports and loves playing sports.
Compensation and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Equity Grants
- Health Benefits! Medical, Dental, and Vision Health coverage
- We'll pay for your sports leagues!
- Be A SportsDog. Sportsmanship, Passion, Openness, Results, Team, Difference Maker, Grit
- Participate in one of our famous Partner appreciation events. Watch our Partner Day video.
- Read about why you would want to be part of the LeagueApps team.
- Be a part of rapidly growing company. As we grow, you will grow!
Why You Will Want To Join The Team
LeagueApps is a digital sports media and technology company that powers local recreational sports. Our mission at LeagueApps is to make sports easier and more enjoyable to play. We're the fastest growing platform in the industry, and we're just getting warmed up.
The right candidate will receive a very competitive salary, full benefits, and equity. But here’s what should also appeal to you:
- Teammates. You’ll be working alongside incredibly talented, innovative and passionate people that you’ll not only respect, but really like.
- Student of the Game. You’ll be working in a learning environment, where we invest in your development—think regular speakers, subsidized classes and conferences, and other knowledge sharing
- Encourage Your Passion for Sports. You don’t need to sneak a peak at the scores during March Madness or the World Cup. We’re always streaming sports events for all to see or making field trips to the sports bar
- Sports Subsidy. You get to play in local sports leagues for free—we pay for your entrance fees
- Raise Your Game. You like ambitious challenges, like the opportunity to create products to change the way people experience and enjoy playing sports.
- Difference Maker. You will make a difference, because you will be working for a company that appreciates the real impact we have on our customers’ lives, and supports the critical role that sports plays in local communities. You can join our charitable initiatives that make this impact tangible.